First, thank you so much to Sarah for nominating me for this tag! As she correctly guessed, I do love music 🙂 Secondly, I accidentally hit publish when I wasn’t quite finished the first time, so here it finally is now with all the questions answered! It was such fun to do! This tag was right up my alley!
I have very eclectic music tastes so this should be interesting…
First off, though,
- Thank the blogger who nominated you and link back to their post.
- Answer the fourteen questions listed in this post.
- For any questions where you choose to share YouTube videos, try to stick to one (1) embedded video to avoid overwhelming readers. Feel free to add links to additional videos directly in the text.
- Nominate at least three (3) bloggers for this tag.
1. Do you like listening to music?
Yes, yes! A thousand times, yes! 🙂
2. What songs have you been listening to lately?
Well, Thanksgiving is coming up as I write this so I have been listening to this wonderful playlist by Craig Duncan.
3. What is your favorite genre of music?
Oh, dear! That’s too hard! It depends on what I am in the mood for really 🙂
4. What is your favorite song?
Again! Way too hard!! I don’t think I could ever pick just one! And there is so much wonderful music to discover out there or that hasn’t even been written yet! Here are some of my favorites.
Relax Daily – I like this guy’s music for studying.
Promontory (From The Last of the Mohicans) – I like this one for writing.
Rolling in the Deep – The Piano Guys have a great way of making pop songs sound so very classy.
Indian Summers – Just because it is so fun to listen to!
5. What is your favorite instrument?
The harp. And also the pennywhistle and/or flute. I also really like bagpipes and such. (I like folk music a lot 🙂
6. Do you play an instrument? If not, what instrument would you play if you could?
I actually do play an instrument. I play the harp! I use to teach harp too and have played in a few weddings. Here is one of my favorite songs by my very favorite harpists.
7. What kind of radio do you prefer to listen?
I don’t really listen to radio much. If I do, I usually turn it to the classical music station as I find it soothing to listen to usually while I am driving.
8. What kind of apps or PC programs do you use for listening to music?
9. Do you like creating music? Which softwares do you use for music creation?
I actually have never tried writing my own music. I have played around on my harp before picking out songs and improvising them, but I have never really written any
10. Are there songs that remind you of people you know?
Music doesn’t really make me think of people. It makes me think of memories. One of my favorites is this song which I have written about in this blog post.
Another is this song which was played at my dear friend’s wedding this year. I will always think of her when I hear it now. 🙂
11. Are there songs that make you think of a color?
Music and color? That’s interesting. Not really. My brain doesn’t think that way, I guess.
12. Are there songs that evoke a particular emotion in you?
Of course! Music is all about emotion, I think, and portraying what the composer is feeling. I love to dance and took ballet for eight years when I was younger. That really taught me how to listen for the emotion in a song and try to get that across.
I have always thought that soundtracks and patriotic music do a great job of stirring emotions. 🙂
Also, one of my favorite artists – Lindsey Stirling – does an excellent job of evoking emotions with her music.
13. What two genres of music are your least favorites. Why?
I don’t like rock and I don’t like heavy metal. They are just loud noise to me and this world has enough noise already! 🙂
14. What would be the OST (Original Sound Track) of your life?
Let’s see. I’ll try to stick to just a few.
Trust You All the Way – God has truly blessed my life and even in the hard times, He has always been there for me even in ways I never would have imagined. This is a song that I could listen to forever.
Golden Age – I love this song and I really feel like it is so true of where our current generations fall in history. We live in incredible times!
Anything from the Lord of the Rings soundtracks – I fell in love with those movies and their music when they first came out and I have never stopped loving them. I could listen to the beautiful melodies forever!
Well, I will take this chance to spread the joy of doing a tag around, so…
- You! If you are reading this still, consider yourself nominated! 🙂