As a writer, I have often wondered which form of writing was better or perhaps more beneficial and more likely to help me get more writing done. 🙂 I think it is a little funny that I can even write a post about this since the personal computer and keyboard are a fairly recent phenomenon.For hundreds of years, if you had something you wanted to say, you used a good old pen or pencil and paper. I wonder how many more books have been written and printed simply because it has become easier to express ourselves.
But, because we have this wonderful invention now, I thought it might be helpful to draw up a list of the pros and cons of writing with each.
Pen and Paper
1. Can carry it anywhere
2. Able to scribble down ideas quickly
3. Able to tuck away in a backpack/bag/etc.
1. Pen may run out of ink/ Pencil break
2. Undecipherable writing
3. Losing the notebook
1. Quickly edit your writing
2. Write at the speed of thought
3. Organize ideas and research links
1. Internet distractions!
2. It can take forever for your computer to boot up
3. Computers aren’t fool proof! Sometimes they crash!
What do you think? Is there anything that you would add to the list?